Day 1
People in line... For registration?
Jerzy&Anne Drozd's half-table, debuting the second Tiny Hamilton story, done within a few days. The display lacked the appeal they had last year, but if they said they did okay then that's what matters.
This table (E. Lela Graham) had the appeal, but no comics for sale - purely crafts (still art I guess). Hand-made sketchbooks.
There were many tables selling craft pieces ("dolls", felted toys, sculpted shape things, etc.), but they also sold comics.
Artist trading cards were definitely more prominent at SPX than button sales. I personally have no love for buttons, even if they need no sales pitch and are financially "smart" for the creators...
Talked to Christopher Baldwin. Gushed a little bit about
Spacetrawler. Learned that he's gotten faster at SketchUp, and that "Multiply" is applied on the color layer that's between the top line layer and the bottom inkwash layer. (it's probably said on his site but I forgot XP)
Spent a bunch of money...
Day 2
Ghost Car Press has very creative assembly/packaging of their/his minicomics.
No comments:
Post a Comment