Toshiba Thrive, Nomad Brush, and Sketchbook Express

There's not many artist using Thrive, or their video demos are not searchable through Google. So, here I am, making one myself.


Video Demo



It's not for the pros I guess? Sketchbook Express/Pro on Android platforms are different than on the iOS platform - for example, cannot change canvas size (not even the Pro version). With that in mind, perhaps the free Express version (3 layer max) is good enough. I won't even consider Photoshop Touch, because this hardware combo (tablet plus no-pressure-sensitivity styluses) is not that precise to take full advantage of pro level graphic apps - made worse by someone with unsteady hand and a sloppy drawing spirit.


Battery Strength:
for a 2.5 hour figure drawing session (disabled variable screen lighting), it went from 97% to 62%. Not too bad.


Nomad Brush Compose (dual tip):
the tips are easy to ruffle, and the metal base of the tip(s) attracts dust due to static electricity
no case, but might's well make your own because their case design requires the tips to be detached
The smaller tip on the other end, made with the same material as the brush tip, doesn't really replace a hard tip stylus though. I'll budget for one later.


All in all, I'm fine with this entire purchase. Just not thrilled.

To end on a positive note, I quickly looked over the ePub, Mobi and PDF versions of my comic on this tablet, and found at least one problem that I overlooked. Now I have a clearer idea about what needs to be adjusted.

No comments:

Specific RSS Feeds: Cards | Work-in-Progress | Animation