InterventionCon, Sep 10, 2010

Welcome to the first, ever, InterventionCon!



Badges, programs, and swags.
Schedule of events.
Most panels I went to were hosted here.
Whoa, blank white boards!
Anything goes! :D
There is, of course, artists' alley. I got "Paradigm Shift".


For a first year convention, the organizers did a great job with its operations. But due to it being new and unintentionally competing with SPX for attention, it felt underwhelming. I did not go for the Saturday or Sunday shows, but at least for Saturday an artist reported similar feelings. The idea of letting attendees pay for more of their cost (as opposed to the poor webcomic artists) is appreciated, but ultimately may have discouraged more visitors. However, I will be watching their growth in the coming years.



The Dr. Sketchy's Anti-Art show was, let's just say, an experience. If you intend to sketch, you will have no time to ogle. No time. 10 one-minute poses, 4 five-minute poses, then a 10-minute pose (I lost count at this point), back to back to back, with fast-paced music rocking the room... Blood was rushing to my face and stayed there the whole time, but not because of any "hotness" on stage. Oh, and she was painted blue, like in that fancy 3D movie.


"Cellular Degeneration" (c) Devo Spice

The sparseness in that panel room is representative of what most of the panels looked like on Friday. Next, we look at SPX of 2010 (Sep 11-12).

No comments:

Specific RSS Feeds: Cards | Work-in-Progress | Animation